Creamy Tuscan Chicken
November calls for a cozy warm recipe, familiar yet new and exciting. Be sure to have some crusty bread on hand to enjoy with this creamy chicken recipe, because this sauce is delicious. When it comes to chicken breast recipes, it is hard to beat a creamy Tuscan chicken dish.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are beginning to burst then add spinach and cook until spinach is beginning to wilt.
- Stir in heavy cream and parmesan and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and cook until heated through 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe and image courtesy of Delish.